There are so many things to think about when planning a wedding. But it only boils down to one thing: the couple wants it to be a memorable day for everyone so it should be as perfectly planned as possible. What makes a perfectly planned wedding? A fairy-tale like the setup, great reception, good food and perhaps a superbly looking entourage. To help you, here are fool-proof ways to have the wedding of your dreams:
- Work on your budget. Don’t make the mistake of spending money on a single service until you discussed it with your partner. When budgeting, remember to factor in every detail. One of the common mistakes couples make is forgetting the little extras. Wedding ensembles, for example, usually cost 10 to 15 percent of the entire wedding cost. Before checking out a bridal store, figure out how much you want to spend on the wedding gown. Consider visiting a Bridal studio in Singapore to get an idea how gowns are priced. One more tip is to complete your guest list before doing anything. This is to help determine the catering bill.
- Hire well-qualified people to do their job. Save yourself from stress by hiring professional people like photographers who would cover your special day. Instead of simply heading to Google, ask recommendations from your colleagues. Great photographers prefer booking more than a year in advance.
- Create your list of needs and wants. What are the “needs”? These are things that you need to make everything work, like an affordable venue and a good photographer. “Wants” are stuff that you can skip and still have the best wedding. Examples are stationeries like accessory cards and printed wedding programs. Right now, guest books are also considered not part of the necessity. Like, what are you going to do with your guests’ signatures?
- Get a helping hand. Because it is their big day, many brides feel like they are tasked to do everything. Don’t be a Superwoman and ask as much help as possible. You will be surprised by how many people would love to help on planning your wedding!
- Handle all the legal requirements in the beginning. What is the paperwork you need to accomplish? This is especially important when you are having your wedding overseas. In Singapore, it is required that both of you spend at least 15 days in Singapore before filing a Notice of Marriage. You can do this online but take note of the earliest and latest date you are allowed to file.
Mistakes are inevitable when planning a wedding. But remember that a perfect wedding does not necessarily have to be the grandest ever. It can be simple, as long as it reflects you and your partner. Enjoy your day! The day after your wedding is what matters most.