There isn’t a responsibility, a duty, or a job as hectic, troubling, or rewarding as being a stay-at-home mom.
For lots of new mothers, being able to watch their new baby grow and being there to provide all the care and love needed to keep their little one healthy and happy is a top priority. That’s why it’s no surprise why many new mothers choose to take long leaves from work or quit their jobs all together. In Singapore, mothers are given 16 weeks of paid maternity leave. If you’re a new stay-at-home mom, ensure that every day you spend with your baby is free from accidents and perils. Find out how to stay safe at home with your baby by following these 5 tips.
- Invest in Home Security Cameras – While the number of property crimes like thefts and break-ins are very low in Singapore, it doesn’t hurt to be extra careful. Investing in home security cameras to help you monitor any dangers in and around your house could help you establish the next course of action. This will help you avoid danger and injury to you and your baby. This is particularly important if you’re alone at home with your child and there’s no one around to warn you of oncoming dangers.
- Know Who to Call – In case of an emergency, you should know who to call in order to hasten the arrival of aid and professional assistance. Look for the numbers of the nearest hospital as well as contact details for your local police station. Record the numbers on speed dial or have them written in big bold numbers and placed on a readily apparent area of your space.
- Identify Safe Neighbors – Socializing with neighbors is for more than just making friends. Being able to pinpoint people in your area that you can run to or trust with sensitive information will prove to be handy if you find yourself in a sticky situation. Identify trustworthy and safe individuals that you can rely on just in case you find the need for assistance while you’re home alone with your baby.
- Stay Mum about Plans – Staying at home for most of the day can desensitize you and make you feel over comfortable even if there are strangers around. For instance, some mothers that talk on the phone in the presence of repairmen or cleaners don’t know that the workers might be actually eavesdropping in the conversation. They might be taking note of details and making plans of their own. Keep lips tight when strangers are around and try not to highlight that you’re alone at home.
- Shop from Home – Going shopping with a baby can be very troubling, which makes it very easy to lose track of your surroundings. To prevent the need to go out and shop, you can buy baby products online in Singapore and have your purchases delivered straight to your doorstep for convenient, fast, and easy shopping all from the comfort of your home.
Keep yourself and your baby safe from any dangers while you’re at home. Be sure to put these 5 safety tips into action to make your stay-at-home mom experience happy and hassle-free.